Personal connection matters.
Across both the customer and employee lifecycle, there are so many opportunities to improve personal connection (and conversion!) with a human-centered approach to communication.
Human-centered communication using video helps convey the sincerity, warmth, tone, and emotion that can be lost through plain-text messaging. It provides a space for genuine connection that can help you build the trust essential to healthy, long-lasting relationships.
So, where should you start? What moments across the customer and employee experience are improved by mixing some videos into your messaging?
Use video when…
- You want to establish or reestablish personal connection.
- You want to manage emotion or tone.
- You want to break down detail or complexity.
Video messages should not replace all digital communication, but it definitely belongs in the mix alongside email, text, Slack, and LinkedIn. Using video at ideal moments to replace faceless, typed-out text can help you convey your intent and provide the clarity your recipient deserves.
I’m Ethan Beute, Chief Evangelist at BombBomb, host of The Customer Experience Podcast, and Wall Street Journal bestselling coauthor of Human-Centered Communication and Rehumanize Your Business. Listen in today to learn about increasing confidence, connection, and clarity by mixing video messages into the rest of our digital communication at three key moments.
Join me as I discuss:
• Why plain text doesn’t differentiate us or connect us as human beings
• How video can enhance moments that matter
• Why you should use video for personal connection
• How video helps properly convey emotion and tone
• When to use video to reduce confusion and friction
3 Moments to Send a Video Instead of Typed-Out Text
Hear Episode 186 and any/every other conversation of The Customer Experience Podcast in your favorite podcast player …
In your podcast player, please give an extra click to rate the show (or even take a minute to leave a review) – it’s very helpful!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording for this episode is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Links Related to This Conversation:
- Human-Centered Communication
- Rehumanize Your Business
- The Video Adoption Guide
- Examples and Resources
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 181 with Ethan Beute, “The Problem with Video Prospecting“
- Episode 176 with Ethan Beute, “Features Are Commodities, Feelings Are Differentiators“
- Episode 163 with Ethan Beute, “Restoring the Balance with Human-Centered Communication“
The Human-Centered Communication Series
- Episode 148 with Dan Tyre, “Video Messaging and The Next Normal“
- Episode 149 with Lauren Bailey, “A Blissful Approach to Training Customers and Employees“
- Episode 151 with Mathew Sweezey, “Creating Holistic and Immersive Experiences“
- Episode 152 with Morgan J. Ingram, “Creating an Environment of Continuous Coaching“
- Episode 153 with Dan Hill, Ph.D., “Emotional Intelligence and Human-Centered Connection“
- Episode 154 with Mario Martinez, Jr., “The Art and Science of Selling to Prosumers“
- Episode 156 with Julie Hansen, “An Actor’s Guide to Authentic Videos“
- Episode 157 with Shep Hyken, “Why Repeat Customers May Not Be Loyal Customers“
- Episode 158 with Jacco van der Kooij, “Creating Customer Impact in Moments That Matter“
- Episode 159 with Viveka von Rosen, “Sending Videos for Greater Sales Visibility“
- Episode 161 with Adam Contos, “Video Is About Who, Not About What“
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: