Writing and publishing a book opened doors that we didn’t know existed. We met new people, found new opportunities, and received other unexpected benefits from organizing our thoughts into a formal, tangible package. These results of writing, publishing, and selling a book makes the entire six-step process worthwhile.
Follow along with me in the second half of a two-part series in which I share my experience creating and selling “Rehumanize Your Business: How Personal Videos Accelerate Sales and Improve Customer Experience” with my longtime friend, team member, and coauthorSteve Pacinelli, Chief Marketing Officer at BombBomb.
The six Ps include:
Now, everyone has questions about tackling the huge project of figuring out Publishing, but may not understand the importance and value of the People factor and of Promotion (no one sells your book but you). Let me walk you through what I’ve learned as an author on this episode of “The Customer Experience Podcast.”
Of course, this is our first and only book to date, so it only represents our own limited experience with our non-fiction business title. But others have found this information helpful, so I created these two episodes.
I’m Ethan Beute, Chief Evangelist at BombBomb, host of The Customer Experience Podcast, and co-host of the“CX Series on the “B2B Growth Show.” I am here today to share Part 2 of “The 6 Ps of Writing, Publishing, and Selling Your Book.”
Hear Part 1 of The 6 Ps of Writing, Publishing, and Selling Your Book click right here.
Related: To download the Powerpoint slide deck from which this episode originates, click right here.
Related: To see a blog post I wrote with lessons learned on the “Rehumanize Your Business” journey, click right here.
Here in Part 2 of 2, I review the second half of the six Ps:
• Publishing: Learn about the many publishing options, and what royalty rate and advance really mean.
• People: You will need lots of help to get your book published. Here are some of the people who need to be involved.
• Promotion: No one sells your book except you.
The 6 Ps of Writing, Publishing, and Selling Your Book (Part 2 of 2)
Please give this one a listen and reach out to me with feedback! You can listen with the player embedded right here. And use the search bar to search for a specific P if you’d like!
Prefer the traditional podcast experience? Want to hear other episodes? Find and subscribe to “The Customer Experience Podcast” here …
While you’re there, rate the show with a single click. A review is great, but even a rating is very helpful. Thank you!
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
- More about “Rehumanize Your Business”
- Video of a live stage presentation on this topic
- Blog post about this topic
- Slide deck covering the 6 Ps
- “Rehumanize Your Business” page on LinkedIn
- Part 1 of this two-part podcast series
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “The 6 Ps of Writing, Publishing, and Selling Your Book (Part 1 of 2)” with Ethan Beute (Chief Evangelist, BombBomb)
- “The Four Stages of Video Adoption”with Ethan Beute (Chief Evangelist, BombBomb)
- “The Epic Takes Mixtape: Human-First Highlights from the First 100 Episodes“ with David Cancel, Joey Coleman, Mathew Sweezey, Paula Hayes, Ethan Beute, and others
Hear More of The Customer Experience Podcast by Subscribing: