The biggest endorsement isn’t earning Fortune’s #1 spot for World’s Best Workplaces for the second year in a row. It’s when Rebecca says, “This is why I work at Cisco. Because when I needed help, all these people jumped in to help me.” Her wedding happened to be scheduled right when COVID-19 hit. In under nine days, Cisco staged a virtual wedding so that all her guests could still attend.
Today’s conversation on “The Customer Experience Podcast” is about employee experience (EX) and internal culture. Because they’re not just a “nice-to-have.” They bring material influence to bear on measurable business results.
1. Hire diverse talent.
2. Elevate your internal giveback programs.
3. Deliver a powerful employee experience.
While Cisco aims to shift culture and create new norms, they’ve also put in very specific accountability — a scorecard and a business target.
Kristie is Vice President of CX Marketing and Communications at Cisco. “We all fundamentally know that you cannot build amazing customer experiences — which is our ultimate charter — if you don’t first start with employee experiences,” she says.
Steve is Vice President of Digital Lifecycle Journeys at Cisco. “At the end of the day, it’s not just the people you have, but also the people you bring in,” he says.
Kristie, Steve, and I talked about…
• What the moments that matter are in the customer journey
• Why it’s essential to make engagement and culture a priority in EX
• What measuring employee results consists of and why it’s important
• How Cisco looks at employee giveback
• Why your workplace should be a community, not a family
3 Ways to Elevate EX from the World’s Best Workplace
Enjoy this episode of “The Customer Experience Podcast” on the go with your preferred podcast player:
When you click through, please give one additional click to rate the podcast. Leaving a review is fantastic, but that single click to leave a five-star rating is incredibly helpful, too.
We also embed every episodes in its blog post.
Listen to the entire conversation with Kristie Ornelas and Steve Cox of the Cisco right here:
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: 3 Ways to Elevate EX from the World’s Best Workplace
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Kristie Ornelas and Steve Cox of the Cisco below…
1. Moments That Matter
2. Making Engagement and Culture a Priority
3. Measuring Employee Results
4. Two Lenses for Giveback
5. Employee Communities
Mentioned in This Episode:
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “Marketing to Your Employees, Not Just Your Customers” with Chris Wallace (Co-founder and President at InnerView Group)
- “Company Culture As Your Competitive Edge” with Lance Risser (VP of Southwest Field Operations, Dutch Bros Coffee) and Levi Ayriss (VP of Northwest Field Operations, Dutch Bros Coffee)
- “Differentiating Far Beyond Product, Features, or Price” with Stacy Sherman (Founder, DoingCXRight)