In highly competitive industries, how can you differentiate your company, brand, product, or service?
Perhaps you emphasize product innovation, data personalization, marketing, or brand loyalty. These attributes can be powerful. They can certainly help you stand out from your competition and contribute to success. But at the end of the day, it’s the customer experience that’s the most important and valuable differentiator.
But it isn’t your product or marketing that contributes the most to that experience. Your employees are the real drivers of CX.
Today’s guest is Jim Hardeman. Jim is the Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Product Officer at CMX. CMX is a software company that uses technology to support people and manage behind-the-scenes operations such as quality and safety in industries like restaurants, grocery stores, manufacturing, and more.
Jim feels that when brands empower their employees with the help of technology, it provides an uncommon degree of clarity in employee expectations, metrics, and training. And it’s these elements that ultimately contribute to a consistent and excellent CX.
Jim has over 20 years of experience in technology product management. Today he explains how using the right tools to empower employees can make all of the difference in the CX of an organization. To Jim, CX means “the total package,” from customer entry into a facility to the data management tracks. He also shares his thoughts about brands measuring what matters and how the method of measurement should reduce clutter and invite innovation.
Jim and I also discussed:
• What the definition of superior operational execution is
• Why brands that focus on employees provide great CX
• How technology should empower humans to achieve quality
• What to measure and how to measure it
• Why relationship building is the key to understanding customers
Equipping and Empowering People to Deliver Differentiating CX
Hear Episode 185 and any/every other conversation of The Customer Experience Podcast in your favorite podcast player …
Once you’re there, make one extra click to rate the show (or even take a minute to leave a review). Thanks – it’s very helpful!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Jim Hardeman is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Equipping and Empowering People to Deliver Differentiating CX
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Jim Hardeman…
1. Customer Experience is The Total Package
2. Digitizing for Operational Excellence
3. Updating Everyone in the Company Instantly
4. The Right Data for The Right Person
5. From Sales to Product to Marketing
Links Related to This Conversation:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 165 with Mark Rosenthal, “3 Steps to Building a Collaborative Culture”
- Episode 180 with Elizabeth Dixon, “5 Elements of an Exceptional Customer Experience”
- Episode 48 with Ethan Beute, “5 CX Tips from My Car Buying Experience“
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: