We’re all human beings. And whether we find ourselves in the role of the customer or the employee, we want to be treated as such. We want to be seen, listened to, and understood. At the same time, business, as we know it, has shifted. It’s moved from a product economy to a service economy to an experience economy.
So what does all of this tell us? People matter. Experience matters.
The core values of any organization should reflect both this shift to an experience economy and the need for people to be treated like human beings. And it’s this type of human centricity that empowers employees (through the implementation of a remarkable, human-centered EX) to create a memorable and exceptional CX. One that builds trust, brand loyalty, and prevents your business from being left behind.
Today’s guest is Howard Brown. Howard is the Founder and CEO at Revenue.io. Formerly branded RingDNA, Revenue.io is a platform that supports organizations with a variety of sales tools, insights, and real-time guidance to contextualize the buying journey and optimize the entire revenue process. When it comes to EX and CX, Howard feels strongly that brands can’t call themselves human-centric until they fully understand the relationship between listening and empathy.
With both a master’s degree and a doctorate in clinical psychology, Howard has been featured on Bloomberg TV, FOX Business, in Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal to discuss sales, entrepreneurship, AI, and the human experience. Today he talks with me about the fundamental need to become students of life and people. He also shares his thoughts on how to prioritize connecting with others and how listening to understand is foundational to genuine empathy and to the human experience.
Howard and I also discussed:
• How to make human-centricity your core value
• What the relationship between CX and EX is
• How listening and empathy create better brand experiences
• Why AI should stand for augmented intelligence
• What it was like to navigate Revenue.io’s recent rebrand
Empathy, Listening, and Human Centricity
Hear Episode 177 and any/every other conversation of The Customer Experience Podcast in your favorite podcast player …
In your podcast player, please give an extra click to rate the show or even take a minute to leave a review! Thank you!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Howard Brown is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Empathy, Listening, and Human Centricity
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Howard Brown…
1. Customer Experience and Human Centricity
2. Collapsing Silos, Retaining Revenue, Meeting Moments
3. Evolution of RingDNA to Revenue.io
4. Empathy, Discovery, and Listening
5. Rebranding: A Full Reset, Not Just a Name Change
Links Related to This Conversation:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 128 with Jon Miller, “Shifting Your Focus to Account-Based Experience (ABX)”
- Episode 167 with Brandi Starr, Rolly Keenan, and Mike Geller, “Essential Traits of the Next Generation CRO”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: