B2B gets a bad rap for impersonal communication and stale content. Business-to-business conjures images of gray cubicles, crisp professional presentations, paper coffee cups, and dimly lit conference rooms. As B2B sheds those overtones and moves towards more engaging content and increasing authenticity, sales teams reveal themselves as a critical gateway for personality, personalization, and connection.
What does it mean to personalize B2B? The answer can be anything from tying a blog post to a specific person or having speakers record quick intro videos for event promo. Bringing things to life. Humanizing them.
You don’t have to show the nitty gritty details of your job or spend hours researching someone to personalize B2B sales. It’s not about pulling back the curtain to reveal the wizard or breaking the matrix. Personalization means connecting actions to people.
When we put a face to the email, the cold call, or the invite, we remind customers that behind every outreach is a living, breathing person aiming to help solve real problems.
We spoke with Samantha Stone, Founder & CMO of The Marketing Advisory Network and author of Unleash Possible: A Marketing Playbook That Drives Sales. She has built her career at the intersection of sales and marketing and champions the application of personalization in the B2B space and beyond.
Samantha is no stranger to the power of personal touch. She built a course unpacking how to uncover customer expectations and buyer insights, leverage them across sales and marketing, and what that means for the future of B2B. She aims to help B2B brands unlock the same level of connection B2C companies channel and bring B2B up to speed with personalization.
Listen in to learn with Samantha:
- What is the difference between B2C and B2B customer experience and why does it matter?
- What are some of the key trends in buyer expectations that are shaping the future of B2B customer experience?
- How can salespeople offer personalized experiences to buyers at different stages of the buying process?
- What are some of the structural challenges that hinder B2B organizations from delivering a seamless customer experience?
- How are automation and AI impacting the customer experience in B2B, and what are some of the benefits and drawbacks of these technologies?
The Power of Personalization in B2B Sales
Hear Episode 246 and every other conversation on The Customer Experience Podcast in your preferred podcast app …
Once you’re in your podcast player, make an additional click to leave a rating. Or type up a short review! Thanks for your help.
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Samantha Stone is right here …
Video Highlights with Samantha Stone:
Check out the top five video highlights from our discussion about the power of personalization in B2B sales and marketing …
1. Digital Evolution in Customer Experience
2. Personal Presence in Business
3. The Language of Leads
4. Differentiating with Personality and Connection
5. Friendship, Shared Experience, and the Metaverse
Links Related to This Conversation:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 14 with Samantha Stone “Balancing Automation, AI, and Human Relationships”
- Episode 67 with Samantha Stone “Customer Communication in Times of Crisis
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: