The future of experience is hybrid. Moving forward, nearly every experience – from customer interaction to employee engagement – will blend the physical and virtual.
To prepare for this, we must first understand that every moment – every touchpoint – is an experience. And every experience is something that can and should help a person achieve a goal efficiently. Rather than being owned by one department, holistic and immersive experiences that incorporate each of these moments should be part of the ethos of an entire company.
Today’s guest is marketing futurist Mathew Sweezey, Director of Market Strategy at Salesforce. Recently, he also became a Partner at Salesforce Futures LAB. Mathew is the author of Context Marketing Revolution: How to Motivate Buyers in the Age of Infinite Media, which talked about extensively back on Episode 60 of this podcast.
In today’s episode, Mathew returns and shares with us vital components of successful hybrid experiences that give individuals agency over each moment, engage a plurality of devices and communications media (such as video messaging and augmented or virtual reality), involve multidimensionality, and deliver unique and differentiated value.
Mathew is back as part of a summer series here on The Customer Experience Podcast. He’s one of 11 experts that Steve Pacinelli and I interviewed in-depth in the process of writing our Wall Street Journal bestselling second book, Human-Centered Communication: A Business Case Against Digital Pollution (Fast Company Press, October 2021).
Throughout this series, we’re back in conversation with each of them in a way that’s complementary to – rather than redundant to – their insights featured in the book.
In our conversation today, Mat shares with you:
• What’s missing from the equation of experience
• How to craft successful hybrid experiences
• Why internal marketing should be your next big focus
• What managers can do to create a great experience
• How to focus on creating immersive employee experiences
Creating Holistic and Immersive Experiences
Hear Episode 151 and any/every other conversation of The Customer Experience Podcast in your preferred podcast player …
If you can, please take a moment to click to rate the show – or even leave a review. Thanks!
We also embed the full conversation in a playable and searchable format right here in these blog posts. The recording with Mathew Sweezey is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Creating Holistic and Immersive Experiences
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Mathew Sweezey, Director of Marketing Strategy at Salesforce and Partner at the Salesforce Futures LAB…
1. Customer Experience is a Journey
2. Creating Holistic, Unified Experiences
3. Immersive Experiences
4. Layers of Research at Salesforce
5. Why Read Human-Centered Communication (Chapter 1: Digital Pollution)
Links Related to This Conversation:
- Mathew Sweezey on LinkedIn
- Salesforce Futures Lab
- Human-Centered Communication: A Business Case Against Digital Pollution
More in Our Human-Centered Communication Series:
- Episode 148 with Dan Tyre, “Video Messaging and The Next Normal”
- Episode 149 with Lauren Bailey, “A Blissful Approach to Training Customers and Employees”
- Episode 150 with Dr. Nick Morgan, “Why Your Virtual Relationships Degrade Over Time”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: