As an innate part of the human experience, storytelling can play a significant role in effectively communicating. Among countless roles it can play and purposes it can serve, a compelling story can communicate your brand’s identity and company’s purpose.
And contrary to popular belief, you can successfully approach storytelling in whatever way is most comfortable for you. If you think you aren’t a storyteller, it’s time to change that narrative.
Today’s guest is marketer and storyteller Anna Marie Pryor, Director of Marketing at Alameda Mortgage Corporation. Anna is a practiced professional who believes storytelling is a powerful skill leaders can use in any business to connect with their ideal customers to live out the organization’s vision. She joins the show to share strategies for reigning your creativity to best serve and grow your brand.
Anna has a background in journalism and marketing. In addition, she’s a writer, photographer, and videographer. She served in several social media strategy roles before landing her current role as the Director of Marketing at Alameda Mortgage.
Today Anna discusses the interconnectedness of customer experience and courtesy towards others. She also shares how to take a practical approach to storytelling, some misconceptions found in the process, why investing the time to cut out the unnecessary is necessary, and how all of these elements relate to the moments that matter most to your customers and milestone-based marketing.
Anna and I also discussed:
• How she defines customer experience
• Who her ideal customer is and what problems she solves for them
• Why adopting a practical approach to storytelling can help brands
• What are Milestone-Based-Marketing Goals
• How her agency experience helped with her current role
A Practical Approach to Storytelling
Hear Episode 222 and any/every other conversation of The Customer Experience Podcast in your favorite podcast player …
In your podcast player, please give an extra click to rate the show (or even take a minute to leave a review) – it’s very helpful!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Anna Marie Pryor is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: A Practical Approach to Storytelling
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Anna Marie Pryor …
1. Customer Experience and Courtesy
2. Understanding Storytelling
3. Making Storytelling Approachable
4. Editing to Create Understanding
5. Two layers of Milestone Marketing
Links Related to This Conversation:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 120 with Brittany Hodak, “The ABCs of Creating Superfans”
- Episode 210 with Kate Bradley Chernis, “Tripling Your Social Media Engagement”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: