Social media may have just two objectives — click and share.
But building a social media following involves more, because your brand isn’t what you say it is; it’s what your customers, clients, and followers say it is. And your social media presence isn’t just helping you make a sale through clicks and shares; it’s creating affinity. You’re building know, like, and trust. You’re empowring evangelists.
When you’re doing it well, people aren’t just buying your brand — they’re joining it.
Now … can you imagine doubling or tripling the engagement of those evangelists on social media? Maybe it’s not as hard as you think.
Today’s guest is Kate Bradley Chernis, Co-Founder and CEO at Lately.ai. Lately is a platform that learns which words get you the most engagement and turns video, audio, and text into dozens of social posts containing those words (and it’s delivering a 180-240% lift in engagement for customers, on average).
Kate’s operations even brought in an unfathomable 12,000% increase for monster personality Gary Vaynerchuk. And she joins me today to break down all the ways we can bring more engagement to our social media channels with examples of who’s experiencing it and why it’s happening for them.
Before co-founding Lately, Kate founded a full-service marketing and branding agency and was a marketing consultant for organizations like Walmart, United Way, and Indiegogo. She was also a DJ for millions of listeners at Sirius XM.
Today Kate shares her thoughts on how the golden rule improves leadership and why permitting others to be themselves helps them rise to the occasion. She also talks about why AI isn’t magic, the importance of trust on social media, the two primary objectives of social media, and why your employees should always be fans of your brand.
Kate and I also discussed:
• How to create fans and evangelists out of customers
• What a 98% sales conversion rate leader does
• Why trust is essential to brand relationships
• Who can benefit from AI in their social media
• How AI can save you time and money
Tripling Your Social Media Engagement
Hear Episode 210 and any other conversation on The Customer Experience Podcast in your preferred podcast app …
When you’re in your podcast player, please give an extra click to leave a rating the show – or even take a minute to write a short review. Thanks!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. Listen to the full episode with Kate Bradley Chernis right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Tripling Your Social Media Engagement
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Kate Bradley Chernis…
1. Customer Experience is Synonymous With Employee Experience
2. Humans With Machines — Because AI Isn’t Magic
3. Trust is The Thing For Social Media Shares And Comments
4. The Fundamental Change in Marketing
5. Turning This Episode Into Sales
Links Related to This Conversation:
- Kate Bradley Chernis on LinkedIn
- Kate Bradley Chernis on Twitter
- Lauren Turow on LinkedIn
- Southwest Airlines
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 171 with Michele Lisowski, “Why Better CX is The Goal, Not Disruption”
- Episode 135 with Ali Biggs, “Creating Conversational Relationships With Thousands of Customers”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: