Digital relationship banking doesn’t mean customers only interact with a chatbot or automated messaging — there’s a more personal side to the experience that scales with customer relationships.
Bringing the human touch to digital banking is still a critical component of success. Care and compassion aren’t in and of themselves radical ideas, but how we use them can make all the difference in customer experience. What if instead of scripts and predictable dialogues, we encouraged representatives to engage with their customers through instinct?
Today’s guest is Caitlin Drake, SVP of Customer Experience & Digital Banking at Busey — a hub for bringing humanity into digital banking experiences recently honored as one of “America’s Best Banks” by Forbes and one of the “Best Banks to Work For” by American Banker.
Caitlin is a dedicated advocate of human-centered business practices and believes in the power of autonomy throughout company personnel and customer care. She also champions the effects of a personal touch as a retention strategy but, more importantly, as a channel for connection.
Caitlin has 15 years of experience in the financial services sector and brings a wealth of knowledge on customer experience and digital transformation. She aims to bring elements of personal touch into every aspect of her work.
Today Caitlin shares how enabling customer care personnel to meet their connections right where they’re at — after getting to know them on a meaningful level — “surprise and delight” can take on a whole new meaning. She also talks about how creativity abounds when going above and beyond. In fact, she shares that while keeping all methods relevant to each unique customer, this creativity can look however you want it to.
Caitlin and I also discussed:
• Why customer experience is not a “nice to have”
• How a 150-year-old brand promise still guides Busey today
• What the status quo of the banking industry is
• How Busey’s team is humanizing digital banking
• How a perceived cost center became a meaningful and award-winning care center
Bringing the Human Touch to Digital Banking
Hear Episode 240 and any other conversation on The Customer Experience Podcast in your favorite podcast player …
In your podcast player, please give an extra click to rate the show (or even take a minute to leave a review). It’s very helpful. Thanks!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Caitlin Drake is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Bringing the Human Touch to Digital Banking
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Caitlin Drake …
1. Customer Experience is Brand Perception
2. The Busey Promise and Pillars
3. Digital Banking and Building Relationships
4. Care Center Hiring and Promotions
5. VCX Credentials: CCXP via CXPA
Links Related to This Conversation:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 195 with Luis Angel Lalanne, “Customer Voice and Sentiment Analysis”
- Episode 229 with Vaishali Dialani, “Factoring Human Emotions Into Data-Informed Decisions”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: