It doesn’t matter what market you’re in; the customer experience you provide is your most meaningful differentiator. And being more human is always better.
You see, the essence of customer experience lies in people, not technology. Adding technology to improve CX is, of course, necessary and appropriate. But the warmth, emotion, competence, and empathy we express and receive in person, can’t be given or absorbed without human-to-human moments. People add value. You add value.
As we move forward in time, both customer experience and employee experience are becoming more digital and virtual, and human-to-human interactions are becoming less frequent. We need and want human connection and when supply decreases, demand stays steady. As a result, it becomes more valuable.
I’m Ethan Beute, Chief Evangelist at BombBomb, host of The Customer Experience Podcast, and co-author of the Wall Street Journal bestseller Human-Centered Communication, with Stephen Pacinelli. Listen in today to learn how human-to-human moments help us triumph over commoditization and how to balance the tech touch with the human touch.
In this episode, I contextualize and share a short passage from a 90-minute interview with me, Steve, and Mathew Sweezey, marketing futurist at Salesforce, during our research for Human-Centered Communication. In this interview, Mat shares his thoughts about commoditization, differentiation, and human-to-human moments increasing the value of business interactions.
Listen below to discover:
• Why the power of human-to-human moments increases as we get more digital
• What the proportion of rarity and value in human moments is
• Why humans are differentiators in sales and CX
• How video messages beat the competition for attention
• What Mat Sweezey’s take is on noise, pollution, and trust
The Increasing Value of Human-to-Human Moments
Hear Episode 197 and every conversation on The Customer Experience Podcast in your favorite podcast app …
Once you arrive there, please give one extra click to rate the show (or even take a minute to leave a review). Thanks!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording for this episode is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlight: The Increasing Value of Human-to-Human Moments
Check out this video highlight from the discussion with Mathew Sweezey…
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 60 with Mathew Sweezey, “The Context Marketing Revolution with Mathew Sweezey”
- Episode 131 with Mark Schaefer, “Returning the Human Voice to Marketing”
- Episode 151 with Mathew Sweezey, “Creating Holistic and Immersive Experiences”
- Episode 155 with Dr. Roland Rust, “How Artificial Intelligence Is Driving The Feeling Economy”
- Episode 176 with Ethan Beute, “Features Are Commodities, Feelings Are Differentiators”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: