For many, the formal definition of PR has foundations in establishing mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their constituencies. But PR goes beyond relationship establishment — it is the art of securing trust at scale. And without trust in the marketplace, brands simply cannot grow.
Joining the podcast today is Scott Baradell, CEO of Idea Grove — a public relations and marketing firm focused on B2B technology. He joins me to discuss exactly what fuels trust-building in an organization and the critical role PR can play by providing third-party validation, authority, credibility, and beyond.
Idea Grove has landed on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies three times and was named one of Inc’s best workplaces two years in a row. In addition to his role there, Scott is also the author of Trust Signals: Brand Building in a Post-Truth World — a fantastic read about the points of evidence individuals, companies, and brands use to create trust.
In this episode, Scott shares invaluable insights into building your best business. He also talks about transforming your brand into one whose entire reason for being is to create a better world, the importance of thought leadership, and the power of video.
Listen in to learn from Scott:
• What post-truth means to you and your brand
• What the relationship between buyer personas and trust profiles is
• How to build brand trust in today’s business environment
• What the ideal role of public relations is
• Why you need to tie your brand story into a single narrative
Building Your Brand Through Trust Signals
Hear Episode 234 and every other conversation on The Customer Experience Podcast in your podcast app …
In your podcast app, please support the show by making an extra click leave a rating – or even take a minute to type up a short review. Thank you!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Scott Baradell is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Building Your Brand Through Trust Signals
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Scott Baradell …
1. Customer Experience is Interconnectedness
2. The Trust Bread Crumb Trail
3. The Trust Profile and the Ideal Customer Profile
4. Our Post-Truth Environment
5. Adding Purpose to Your Story — Featuring LEGO
Links Related to This Conversation:
- Scott Baradell on LinkedIn
- Idea Grove
- TRUST Signals
- Edelman Trust Barometer 2022
- Jenny Haynes on LinkedIn
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 16 with Charles H. Green, “Better Ways to Build Trust With Your Customers”
- Episode 232 with Kurt Bartolich and Cory Scheer, “First Findings From The National Survey on Brand and Trust”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: