Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
Marketing, sales, customer success, product, development, executives — every team sees the customer a little bit differently. Each team’s different goals, measures, and metrics can create an inconsistent experience for customers if we aren’t focused on creating alignment.
There’s plenty of talk about sales and marketing alignment, but two teams that aren’t mentioned enough in this context are sales and customer success (CS). Let’s dive into why that’s problematic and what to do about it.
As a podcast host, one of the things I most appreciate is the opportunity to learn from my guests. In this episode, I mention many guests who have informed and influenced my perspective on the topic, including Leah Chaney, Chris Hicken, Logan Lyles, Darryl Praill, Sarah Toms, and Dan Tyre. I like to share what I’ve learned and offer food for thought, especially about how to promote alignment, holism, and conversations across our internal relationships. All for the benefit of our customers.
I’m Ethan Beute, Chief Evangelist at BombBomb, host of The Customer Experience Podcast, and co-author of Rehumanize Your Business. Join me to hear some strategies for promoting alignment between CS and sales.
Here are some takeaways from this episode…
• How marketing affects CS
• How to make sales to customer success handoffs better
• What CS can teach sales and what sales can teach CS
• How to align presale and postsale for customer retention
• Why the success leader is the conduit between the company and the customer
Creating Sales and Customer Success Alignment
Please give this one a listen and reach out to me with feedback! You can listen with the player embedded right here.
Prefer the traditional podcast experience? Want to hear other episodes? Find and subscribe to The Customer Experience Podcast here …
While you’re there, rate the show with a single click. A review is great, but even a rating is very helpful. Thank you!
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Creating Sales and Customer Success Alignment
Check out a couple of video highlights mentioned in this episode…
1. Logan Lyles on Sales/CS Alignment
2. Chris Hicken on CS and GTM Strategy
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “The Financial Side of CX: Which Customers Should You Invest In?” with Sarah Toms (Co-founder and Executive Director, Wharton Interactive)
- “The Biggest Transformation in Prospecting in 30 Years” with Dan Tyre (Sales Executive, Hubspot)
- “Product Usage As A Vanity Metric” with Chris Hicken (Co-founder and CEO, ’nuffsaid)
- “3 CX Strategies for CROs” with Darryl Praill (Chief Revenue Officer, VanillaSoft)
- “The 4 A’s of Customer Experience” with Leah Chaney (Chief Experience Officer, BetterGrowth)
- “So, You’ve Just Been Named VP of CX… Now What?” with Logan Lyles (Vice President of Customer Experience, Sweet Fish Media)
Hear More of The Customer Experience Podcast by Subscribing: