You’re in a new company and in a new customer experience (CX) role. So, what should the next 30, 60, and 90 days look like for you to see success? Start here: listening to your customers and focusing on them.
This means getting on a lot of video calls, getting comfortable with a loose agenda, and engaging with and understanding as many customers as possible. Good news: you can share the responsibility with other leaders in the organization.
Today’s guest on The Customer Experience Podcast, Jeff Breunsbach, has held multiple leadership roles in customer success and is a Founder of Gain Grow Retain, a customer success community and podcast.
He was a Partner at Customer Imperative, a CS and CX consultancy, when it got acquired, so he found himself in a new organization and a new CX role.
Now Director of Customer Experience at Higher Logic, Jeff worked to create alignment of the customer lens, the employee lens, and the new-to-the-organization lens over his first 90 days and helps people to think about community more broadly than just an online platform.
Customer engagement and success should involve direct customer-to-customer connections – even when your team members aren’t around. Community is about peer connection, value, and education.
Jeff and I discuss…
• Why CX is shaped by every interaction customers have with your brand
• How to approach the first 30, 60, and 90 days in a new CX role
• Which characteristics are essential for a good customer experience leader
• How to go from “zero to one” with business ideas
• How to support better peer-to-peer connection and engagement for your customers
Your First 30, 60, and 90 Days in a New CX Role
Take this episode of The Customer Experience Podcast anywhere you go in your favorite podcast app:
When you visit, please give an extra click to review the show — it’s very helpful. Of course, you can also subscribe and/or write a review,
We embed these episodes in their companion blog posts, too.
Hear to the entire conversation with Jeff Breunsbach of Higher Logic right here:
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Your First 30, 60, and 90 Days in a CX Role
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Jeff Breunsbach of Gain. Grow. Retain. below…
1. Customer Experience Shaped By Every Interaction
2. First 30, 60, 90 Days in a New CX Role
3. Characteristic of Good CX Leader
4. Going from Zero to One
5. Two Barriers to Peer-to-Peer Connections
Links Related To Our Conversation:
- Jeff Breunsbach on LinkedIn
- Gain. Grow. Retain.
- Higher Logic
- Jay Nathan on LinkedIn
- Ethan with Jeff and Jay on the Gain. Grow. Retain. Podcast
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “Restoring the Human Factor to Fulfill the Big CX Dream” with Ben Smithwell (Director and CX/Service Design Principal, Comotion)
- “10 Rules for Building a Category and Building a Community” with Sangram Vajre (Chief Evangelist and Co-Founder, Terminus)
- “3 Best Practices of a Great Community Builder” with Joe Huber (Customer Community Strategist, Sprout Social)
Get More from The Customer Experience Podcast: