We don’t need a less human experience in the mortgage industry — we need more.
Everyone is seeking financial insight and guidance, but few people trust a machine for it more than a professional person. We need honest conversations with an expert who will discuss what’s pertinent — specifically to us. On the customer side, that’s the experience we need and want. On the expert side, that’s the joy of helping people achieve what they want, whether a house, a job, or a personalized experience.
Today’s guest is Robyn LaVassaur, Executive Vice President of Sales at Summit Funding. Ranked nationally in the top 50 women loan originators and the number one originator in Oregon for back-to-back years, Robyn is one of the mortgage lending industry’s top producers.
When it comes to what drives CX conversations, Robyn feels that neural coupling (brains stimulated by each other to fire in the same direction) is one of the most critical human contributions — one that technology can neither replicate nor replace.
“I fell in love with customer experience through a lot of tripping, falling, scraping my knees, and learning what people were looking for and being able to deliver,” Robyn said. Today, she shares insights on leadership lessons, boundaries, CX, relationship-driven business, the importance of video messages, and how neural coupling happens when we listen, learn, and share. We also examine how Robyn learned to prioritize human-to-human conversation and its vital role in meeting client expectations.
Robyn and I also talked about:
• How to ask better questions – and truly listen to the answers
• Why neural-coupling drives better conversations and relationships
• How to set boundaries to balance family and work
• Why problem-solving leads to career success
• How video helps her stand out in the competitive mortgage industry
Neural Coupling and Better Listening
Hear Episode 201 and any/every other conversation of The Customer Experience Podcast in your favorite podcast player …
In your podcast player, please give an extra click to rate the show (or even take a minute to leave a review) – it’s very helpful!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Robyn LaVassaur is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Neural Coupling and Better Listening
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Robyn LaVassaur…
1. Customer Experience is Delivery Plus One
2. Asking Better Questions (Two Whys)
3. Managing Customer Expectations
4. Finding People’s Passions
5. Why Send Video Messages
Links Related to This Conversation:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 187 with Andrea Morter, “Creating a Collaborative Coaching Culture”
- Episode 191 with Sue Woodard, “Operationalizing Love for Customers & Employees”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: