Great employee experience (EX) drives great customer experience (CX). Great CX drives revenue growth. And great CX reinforces — but doesn’t drive — great EX. These are three findings from Forbes insights and Salesforce research. But what exactly do they mean?
If you want to drive revenue growth, you need to have great CX. If you want to drive great CX, you need to have great EX. In other words, a remarkable employee experience is a necessary precursor a remarkable the customer experience. You need to learn more about The Service Profit Chain – proven, causal links that let us know where to invest our next dollar if we want to generate revenue growth and profitability.
I’m Ethan Beute, Chief Evangelist at BombBomb, host of The Customer Experience Podcast, and coauthor of Rehumanize Your Business. Today, I’ll share some of the connections I made about EX while interviewing Mathew Sweezey of Salesforce for the next book I’m co-writing with my longtime friend and BombBomb CMO Steve Pacinelli.
In this episode, I discuss:
• What the Forbes Insights/Salesforce The Experience Equation report tells us
• What we can learn from The Service Profit Chain article from the Harvard Business Review
• What key insights to take away from The Service Profit Chain book
• How internal service quality drives everything in your company
Research: To Improve CX, Invest in EX
Please give this one a listen and reach out to me with feedback! You can listen with the player embedded right here.
Prefer the traditional podcast experience? Want to hear other episodes? Find and subscribe to “The Customer Experience Podcast” here …
While you’re there, rate the show with a single click. A review is great, but even a rating is very helpful. Thank you!
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “The Context Marketing Revolution” with Mathew Sweezey (Director of Market Strategy, Salesforce)
- “Employee Experience Design: How, Why, and Where To Begin” with Gil Cohen (Founder, Employee Experience Design)
- “Differentiating Far Beyond Product, Features, or Price” with Stacy Sherman (Founder, DoingCXRight)
Hear More of The Customer Experience Podcast by Subscribing: