Most companies focus on selling a product. But where the true differentiator exists in many contexts is in selling the person. Even if what you’re offering matches your competitors in terms of cost, you have something they can never duplicate — your unique, authentic, and human-driven experience.
Joining the podcast today is Shannan Berry, VP of Customer Experience & Sales Strategy at TitleOne. Shannan passionately believes that selling people rather than products requires connecting intentionally, building culture, and improving customer experience by improving employee experience.
Shannan has been at TitleOne for nearly a decade, serving in her current and unique customer experience role for almost a year. With a focus on cultivating customer experience, starting with workplace culture, she applies solution-oriented thinking to impact TitleOne and its customers. At some level, CX is the sales strategy.
Today Shannan talks about navigating challenging situations to create an exceptional CX successfully. She also discusses the significant investment it takes to do this, the value of these cultivated relationships, and the importance of employee happiness.
Shannan and I also talked about:
• How the company culture at TitleOne serves as a strategic anchor
• Why solution-oriented thinking is so effective at building better customer experiences
• How you can practically and operationally make employees happy
• How thinking like your customer results in exceptional customer experiences
• What the benefits of having an incredible CX in your sales strategy are
The Power of Culture: Improving CX From The Inside Out
Hear Episode 239 and every other conversation on The Customer Experience Podcast in your top podcast app …
In your podcast app, please give an extra click to rate the show. It’s extremely helpful!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Shannan Berry is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: The Power of Culture: Improving CX From The Inside Out
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Shannan Berry …
1. Customer Experience is an Event
2. Starting From the Inside With Employee Experience
3. Culture, Vision, Values, and Experience
4. Differentiating Through Customer Experience
5. Rediscovering Your Passion in Sales
Links Related to This Conversation:
- Shannan Berry on LinkedIn
- Abby Black on LinkedIn
- Veterinarian Walter Wethered on LinkedIn
- Raving Fans by Ken Blanchard
- The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 150 with Dr. Nick Morgan, “Why Your Virtual Relationships Degrade Over Time”
- Episode 231 with Matt Beckwith, “Tracing Every Relationship Back to One Relationship”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: