The best conversation that you can have with a customer is one in which they don’t walk away without answers. That might sound obvious, but the path to arriving there requires you to know exactly how to balance bots and humans — and how to transition seamlessly between them. It sounds like a tall order … because it is.
To navigate the nuance of how to create conversational relationships in a business context, it’s going to take using all the data at your disposal to work efficiently for the customer’s benefit. For example, a customer should never have to repeat information for a human that they already told a bot.
Ali is Senior Director of Product Marketing at Intercom, a conversational relationship platform (CRP). She believes that the best way to build a relationship is to be constantly in communication with your customers.
Her role in product marketing allows her to interact with the entire organization – product, marketing, sales, customer success, and beyond — to understand exactly what prospects and customers want and need.
Ali also talked with me about…
• What customer experience (CX) encompasses
• How to utilize bots to converse at volume
• How to manage the handoff from bot to human
• Where to position product marketing for greatest effect
• What internal and external communication looks like for product marketers
Creating Conversational Relationships With Thousands of Customers
Enjoy Episode 135 of The Customer Experience Podcast on the go with your favorite podcast player …
Once you’re there, please take a few seconds to click and rate the show. That one extra click is very helpful!
We also embed the audio in each episode’s blog post, so you can hear – and even search – the entire conversation with Ali Biggs right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Creating Conversational Relationships With Thousands of Customers
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Ali Biggs of Intercom…
1. What CX Encompasses
2. Two Ways To Use Bots
3. Managing the Handoff from Bot to Human
4. The Central Role of Product Marketing
5. Product Marketing: Internal vs External Communication
Mentioned in This Episode:
Links Related to This Episode:
- Ali Biggs on LinkedIn
- Intercom: Conversational Relationship Platform
- Lauren Vaccarello on LinkedIn
- Nybll: Performance Food Service
- How Intercom Creates Intercomics
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “Better Marketing Through Product, Sales, and Customer Conversations” with Shanee Ben-Zur (Head of Marketing, Media, and Growth, Crunchbase)
- “Closing Both Loops with Voice of the Customer” with Lauren Culbertson (Co-Founder and CEO, LoopVOC)
- “Creating An Amazing Customer Experience By Being ‘Slightly Better Than Average’” with Shep Hyken (Chief Amazement Officer, Shepard Presentations)
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: