In the B2B industry, disruption is not the goal. It’s the outcome. Disruption occurs as organizations introduce dramatic improvements to customer experiences.
Rather than being seen with angst or irritation, disruption is simply an evolution. It’s about reducing friction and about helping people. And in this light, it’s a welcome event — one of change, growth, and redefining business practices to ultimately create a better CX.
At Uber, they’re working consistently to create new services in the lines of Uber for Business, Uber Freight, and Uber Health. Michelle’s team is also redefining what business travel means and elevating the CX by frequently surprising customers with new ways to use the service.
Before joining Uber, Michelle served as Head of Brand and Growth at Kabbage. She also spent more than a dozen years at Google, where she started as an AdWords rep and last served as Head of Global Acquisition for Google Cloud Growth Marketing.
In this concersation, Michelle shares the strategies that help contribute to successful leadership and management. With trust in a strong leadership team, structured marketing teams that focus on different lines of business, and prioritizing communication with an open-door policy, leaders can better manage time and attention across multiple projects. Michelle also talks about the significance of continually learning from customers and employees alike, intentionality in marketing, and the importance of the wellbeing of the whole employee/whole person.
Michelle and I also discussed:
• What Michelle means when she says CX is everything
• How Uber for Business creates new offerings
• Why disruption should be recognized as serving customers
• How Michelle manages multiple lines of business with trust in people
• When customer-centricity became a practice for Michelle
• How Michelle advanced inside Google in her dozen+ years there
Why Better CX Is The Goal, Not Disruption
Hear Episode 171 and any/every other conversation of The Customer Experience Podcast in your favorite podcast player …
In your podcast player, please give an extra click to rate the show – or even take a minute to leave a review. It’s extremely helpful!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Michelle Lisowski is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Why Better CX Is The Goal, Not Disruption
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Michelle Lisowski…
1. Customer Experience is Everything
2. Uber for Business and Pandemic Pivots
3. Applying Qualitative and Quantitative Data
4. Redefining Disruption
5. Three Tips for Leaders and Managers
Links Related to This Conversation:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 72 with Shanee Ben-Zur, “Better Marketing Through Product, Sales, and Customer Conversations”
- Episode 128 with Jon Miller, “Shifting Your Focus to Account-Based Experience (ABX)”
- Episode 139 with Dennis Geelen, “Building Customer-Centric Innovation Into Your Company Culture”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: