How can I be helpful to someone? How can I turn negative situations into positive ones? How can I make someone look good to the other people in their life? And how can I make people feel like the experience is just for them?
You’d think these questions pertain to customer experience — and they do — but they originated from a “magic moments” mindset. As in, actual magic. By a magician.
Magic isn’t primarily about playing cards, metal rings, or smoke puffs. It’s about bringing joy to others and creating an experience that will inspire people to carry their joy out into the world.
And a magician knows to be fully present with the audience in order to seize the opportunity to connect. While they’re watching the performace, you’re watching them – looking for opportunities to make memorable moments.
In our conversation, we discuss…
• How to create wonder
• How to plan a customer experience by anticipating memories (at a car dealership)
• What makes for an unforgettable magician (and CX practitioner)
• What the “magic moments” mindset entails
• Why personal video is a better way to connect with people
• Bonus: Why a 10-year-old Jeff knew he wanted to become a magician by blowing up his sock drawer
The Magic of Creating Memories at Specific Moments
Listen to the entire conversation with magician Jeff Kaylor right here:
Hear this episode of The Customer Experience Podcast and others like it – by subscribing to the podcast:
Check out the podcast in your preferred player by clicking one of the links above. Give one more click once you’re there to leave a rating. That one extra click is extremely helpful to the show.
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: The Magic of Creating Memories at Specific Moments
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Jeff Kaylor at Magic Estate below…
1. What is Customer Experience?
2. Watch The Audience and Always Be Present
3. A Process for Creating Memories at Specific Moments
4. A Simple Thing (and a Fake Shrimp)
5. Why Personal Video for CX?
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “Instantly Creating Connection with Anyone You Want to Know” with James Carbary (Founder, Sweet Fish Media)
- “Create Delight to Keep Customers for Life” with Jordan Olivero (Director of Customer Success, Swimlane)
- “You Have 100 Days to Create or Lose a Lifelong Customer” with Joey Coleman (Best-selling author, Never Lose a Customer Again)
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and/or Review The Customer Experience Podcast: