We invest so much time and energy into acquiring new customers. But what about retaining and growing current customers?
While we all know customer retention is important, now more than ever it’s absolutely vital to prioritize it. Why? Because it costs a lot more to acquire new customers than to retain them (see for yourself).
So what’s needed for an effective customer retention strategy?
Trust, honesty, and relationship are the three main components of customer retention — but how do you boil them down into actionable strategies?
Gowri, Customer Relationship Manager with Kovai.co and Host of the Knowledgebase Ninjas Podcast at Document360, brings her background in engineering, IT, and quality assurance to the revenue organization – helping keep customer relationships intact and providing superior customer experience. As CSM at three high-growth SaaS companies, Gowri has developed a guiding philosophy for customer success that is based on trust.
• How Gowri thinks of customer experience
• What the difference is between CS and CX
• How sharing pain points helps connect with customers
• Why sales pros should act like doctors
• What three ways to improve customer retention
Improving Retention (From the First Hello)
Listen to the entire conversation with Gowri Ramkumar of Kovai.co and Document360 right here:
Hear this episode of The Customer Experience Podcast and others like it – by subscribing to the podcast:
Check out the podcast in your preferred player by clicking one of the links above. Give one more click once you’re there to leave a rating. That one extra click is extremely helpful to the show.
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Improving Retention (From the First Hello)
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Gowri Ramkumar of Document360 below…
1. Definition of CX
2. Difference between CS and CX
3. Sharing Pain Points with Customers
4. Salespeople as Doctors and Problem Solvers
5. Three Ways to Improve Retention
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “The Best Customer Experience Delivers an Appropriate Experience” with Jonathan Bolton (SVP of Operations, BombBomb)
- “Using Tech to Scale the Human Touch” with Stef Caldwell (Senior Customer Success Leader and Community Architect, Narrative Science)
- “Talking CX and EX with Sendoso’s Chief Customer Officer” with Alli Tiscornia (Chief Customer Officer, Sendoso)
Get More from The Customer Experience Podcast: