We like to make blog posts around frequently asked questions. FAQs provide a great foundation for marketing content in general. So, here’s an answer to a question we get often from our video email marketing software subscribers.
The question? How to convert a video file from one format or type to another.
Video: One Way To Convert One Video File Format To Another
There are many ways to convert a video file from one format to another. Several free programs are available for download. You can also run it through a video editing program and use the export settings to turn your original file into one of another type.
What I’ll show you here is the VLC media player. I like it because a) it’s free, b) it gives you a nice, universal media player, and c) it converts files nicely.
After you download and install it, here’s the step-by-step:
- Click “Media” in top right corner, then “Convert/Save”
- Click “Add” on the right and locate the file you want to convert
- Click “Convert/Save” in lower right and choose “Convert”
- Choose the location and name of the new file (the Destination file)
- Take care to add the “.mp4” to the Destination file when you name it
- Stick with the default should be “H.264 + AAC (MP4)”
- Feel free to click the crossed tools button to change video and audio settings
- Click “Start” then watch the progress across the very bottom of the player
- Look for your file at its destination!
The reason I leave you with an H.264 MP4 file is because that’s the preferred file format of both YouTube and BombBomb. As mentioned, there are many other ways to do this – this is a good, free one.
Video: See the Step-by-Step to Convert Video with VLC
Click: Download VLC Media Player (Free)
Click: See YouTube Video File Format Recommendations