You’re brand new to your customer experience (CX) role, which is brand new at your company. Everyone’s looking to you as the new dedicated CX leader to structure, support, and improve the customer experience.
What are your functions? What practices will help you achieve them?
Our guest on this episode of The Customer Experience Podcast, Logan Lyles, arrived at his current CX role via sales, account management, and partnership management. His company’s strategy is to build friendships with potential customers over podcast content — and it’s working.
(Note: I’m a customer of his company, and I’ve had an exceptional customer experience, so I know firsthand what a standout job he and his team are doing.)
Logan is Vice President of Customer Experience at Sweet Fish Media — a podcast company for B2B brands. He’s also the co-host of B2B Growth, the pioneer of the CX role at his company, and the sender of nearly 700 video emails.
I’m a customer of his at Sweet Fish. He’s a customer of ours at BombBomb. And we’ve been friends for several years. We’ve recorded a few episodes of B2B Growth together, but this is his first visit to this podcast. Overdue!
Throughout our conversation, Logan and I talked about…
• How customer experience encompasses all touchpoints
• Why a CX role was needed at Sweet Fish Media
• What the first 90 days as VP of CX looked like
• Why and how to incorporate video into your internal and external messaging
• How sales and customer success (CS) alignment shape your customer experience
So, You’ve Just Been Named VP of CX… Now What?
Enjoy Episode 136 of The Customer Experience Podcast on the go by listening with your favorite podcast player …
Want to be incredibly helpful without much effort? Once you’re there, please take a few seconds to click and rate the show!
We also embed the complete audio in each episode’s blog post, so you can hear – and even search – the full conversation with Logan Lyles right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: So, You’ve Just Been Named VP of CX… Now What?
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Logan Lyles of Sweet Fish Media…
1. What CX Consists Of
2. Why a CX Role at Sweet Fish Media?
3. The First Steps to Take in Your New CX Role
4. Three Ways to Use Video Messages
5. Creating Sales and CS Alignment
Links Related to This Episode:
- Logan Lyles on LinkedIn
- James Carbary on LinkedIn
- Megan Bowen on LinkedIn
- Rex Biberston on LinkedIn
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “You Have 100 Days to Create or Lose a Lifelong Customer” with Joey Coleman (Best-selling author, Never Lose a Customer Again)
- “Instantly Creating Connection with Anyone You Want to Know” with James Carbary (Founder, Sweet Fish Media)
- “Your First 30, 60, and 90 Days in Your New CX Role” with Jeff Breunsbach (Director of Customer Experience, Higher Logic)
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: