So you want to send YouTube
video in email ... it's really this easy. Check out the step-by-step down instructions below and learn about alternatives to this method.
How To Send YouTube Video Emails 1. Click "Share" under the YouTube video.
Locate the video you want to share, whether it's yours or someone else's, and click "Share." 2. Click "Email" from the Share menu.
After you click "Share," you'll have social options, the YouTube video url, an option to "Embed," and an option to "Email." Click "Email" to send the YouTube video in an email. 3. Type in your recipient's address and an optional email message.
Under "Email" in "Share," you're able to type in one or more email addresses and add an optional message. You'll see your message in the message preview. 4. Click "Send email."
Click send and get a message confirmation.
Receiving YouTube Video Emails 1. How it looks in a Gmail inbox.
When you send YouTube video email, it looks something like this for your recipients before the email open. Notice that they don't give you control over the subject line and preheader text
. 2. How the YouTube video email looks.
The email is obviously branded to YouTube. They put your name and profile image in the top, followed by your optional message text. Below is the video title and description. Notice the "noreply
(at)youtube(dot)com" From email address - they can neither reply to you nor to YouTube. Also notice the "Report spam
" in the footer. They don't want to send unsolicited emails on your behalf; there are likely negative consequences handed down to you from YouTube to sending these to people who don't want to receive them. 3. What happens after the email click.
The recipient is taken to the video within YouTube. You're no longer part of the equation. 4. What happens after the video play.
After the video is played by the recipient, he or she is presented with more videos to watch or with an autoplay of another video. You don't have control over either of those options.
Upsides, Downsides, and Alternatives to This Method Upsides
- It's really easy.
- You can send to more than one person at a time.
- The video may communicate more effectively than the text you'd type out.
- It's their branding, not yours.
- Did your recipient open? Click? Watch the video? You don't know; you have no analytics.
- The only call to action is the video play itself. The video is an end in itself, rather than a means to a higher end (reply, call, click, etc).
- You have no control over the subject line, preheader text, and most of the email body.
- The video obviously has to be in YouTube already.
- Click here to learn 3 ways to send video in email, including a modified and enhanced version of this method.
- Send your YouTube video in a BombBomb email for branding, tracking, replies, replies with video, and more.
With a YouTube video link (from the "Share" area), BombBomb will pick up your thumbnail and include it in your email. We'll track your email opens and link clicks. In this scenario, the video play happens in YouTube, so the video analytics are in YouTube. Your link click in BombBomb will serve as a proxy for a video play. If you want full video analytics, you'd have to upload that video into BombBomb, just as you uploaded it into YouTube. In this case, we'd show you how long people were watching your video. You can access this tracking data any time in your account or have it pushed to you live in real time.
Send YouTube Videos in BombBomb Emails - Free
Try BombBomb Free for 14 Days.
BombBomb makes it easy to record, send, and track videos to the people who matter most in your business. Try it free for 2 weeks, no credit card information required. Start My Free Trial