Video allows a sales professional to communicate more clearly, connect emotionally, and increase sales dramatically. Most salespeople are most effective in person and video allows them to be there in person when they can’t be there in person.
If you know someone who’s using video to increase sales, it’s time to celebrate his or her success!
Make your nomination for the 2018 Sales Video Awards. BombBomb is partnering with Selling Power to find the most compelling video success stories and honor the people who recorded them at this year’s Sales 3.0 Conference on October 25th and 26th in Las Vegas. Click here to see the speaker lineup!
This process will produce three finalists in each of the five categories below. All fifteen finalists will each receive a free ticket valued at $995 (and 50% off a second ticket) to the conference, at which the 2018 Sales Video Awards will be presented live on stage in the General Session in front of all the conference attendees.
Here in this post, learn more about the project, see the five categories, read the judging criteria, check out terms and conditions, and more!
Overview: 2018 Sales Video Awards
Watch the short video above to learn a little more about the 2018 Sales Video Awards, then nominate one or more videos based on the categories listed below. Whether it’s a simple webcam or smartphone video or it’s a scripted, produced, and edited video, the 15 Finalists will be named based on measureable results and outcomes. See the judging criteria below.
Yes, you can nominate more than one video. And yes, you can nominate your own video. In both cases, be sure to note in the nomination form what was achieved through its use.
The video can be used in any channel – YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, BombBomb, your website, or anywhere else. We just need a link to it (or you can put the file in a Dropbox or Google Drive and share that link).
- Now through Friday, September 21 – Nomination period
- September 7-25 – Judging period
- September 25-26 – Finalists contacted and invited to Sales 3.0 Conference
- October 25-26 – Winners announced live at Sales 3.0 Conference
Categories: 2018 Sales Video Awards
Video can be used throughout the sales process. It can be used to create, nurture, and convert sales opportunities. It can be used to build and empower sales teams. We capture a variety of uses in seeking nominations of videos that match up reasonably well with
1 Prospecting, Branding, or Personal Pitch
Creating opportunities and differentiating from competitors with videos for prospects (cold)
2 Appointment Setting and/or Follow Up
Moving opportunities forward (warm)
3 Customer Education and Information Sharing
Demos, features, releases, updates, proof of concept (progress)
4 Staying in Touch for Retention and Referral
Building and maintatining relationships – thank you, check in, birthday, holiday, special occasion, transaction anniversary (stay in touch)
5 Internal Training, Motivation, and Culture
Product/program/package introductions, recruiting and onboarding, internal education, personal recognition (empowerment)
Sales Video Awards Judging Criteria
The editorial board of Selling Power and the video sales experts at BombBomb will review all nominations and determine the three finalists in each of the five categories.
General video awards might be about production value. But the Sales Video Awards are about results. We’re looking for success stories with a specific, measurable outcome – views, shares, replies, appointments set, opportunities converted, conversion rate increases, revenue results.
How did a video help you (yes, you can nominate yourself!) or your nominee achieve or exceed a desired outcome?
Specifically, we’ll be reviewing every video with these three criteria in mind:
1 Coherence of the story, quality of the message and its structure, the “what”
2 Emotional engagement, use of the medium to connect with the viewer, the “how”
3 Measurable outcome, results of the video, the “why”
The Fine Print
1. 2018 Sales Video Awards: The 2018 Sales Video Awards 2018 (the “SVA”) are sponsored by Sales Dot Two, Inc. and BombBomb LLC (individually a “Sponsor” and together the “Sponsors”). Participants will provide the Sponsors with a video created by the participant that features content meant to engage customers or sales training content (“Participant”). By entering to win the SVA Participant agrees to these terms and conditions (the “Terms”).
2. Eligibility: To participate in the SVA you must be a resident of the United States or Canada and aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Sponsors or employees’ family members are not eligible to enter.
3. No Entrance Fee: There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter.
4. How To Enter: Complete details of how to enter are provided here: https://info.bombbomb.com/salesvideoawards.
5. Deadline: Entries will be accepted until 5:00 pm ET on September 21, 2018. After this date no further entries to the SVA will be accepted.
6. Selection of Finalists: The submitted videos will be scored by a panel of judges selected by Sponsors. There will be three finalists (each a “Finalist”) selected in each of the following five categories: (1) prospecting, branding, or personal pitch, (2) appointment setting, confirmation and/or follow up, (3) customer education and information sharing, (4) building relationships and (5) internal training, motivation and culture. Each Finalist will be notified by September 25, 2018. The Finalists will receive one free pass to attend the Sales 3.0 Conference in Las Vegas, NV on October 25th and October 26th, 2018 (the “Conference”) and a 50% discount to purchase a second pass. Finalists will be responsible for all of his/her travel expenses (including, but not limited to, all transportation expenses, airfare, accommodation etc.).
7. Selection of Winners: The judging panel will select three finalists and one winner in each of five categories. The SVA video award presentation (the “Award Presentation”) and announcement of the five winners will take place at the Conference. The Winners will receive a plaque on stage at the Conference. The Sponsors will play some or all of the content from each Winner’s video for the Conference audience. One of the five Winners will be selected by a popular vote of the audience via an electronic voting tool as the overall winner.
8. Promotion of SVA: The Sponsors will promote the SVA as follows:
• A joint press release written and published by Sponsors featuring the Winners,
• A post by each Sponsor on each of their social media channels featuring the Winners,
• An article written by Sponsors to be published in Selling Power magazine featuring the Winners’ videos and top tips on how to create a winning sales video,
• A highlight reel of the winning videos will be created by Sponsors and posted on SellingPower.com,
• A white paper that lists all Finalists and the Winners with a link to the Winners’ videos.
9. License. By entering a video in the SVA, the Participant grants Sponsors a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, publicly display, create derivative works from, and distribute the video in all media for promotional purposes for the license term which shall be two years from entrance in the SVA (“License Term”).
10. Name and Likeness: The Participants agree that the Sponsors may use his/her name and image in any publicity material during the License Term in connection with the SVA.
11. INDEMNIFICATION. Participant will defend, indemnify, and hold Sponsors harmless from and against all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, expenses and costs (including reasonable fees and expenses of attorneys and other professionals) arising out of or resulting from any action by a third party against Sponsor that is based on a claim that any video content provided by Participant for the SVA or Sponsor’s use thereof, infringe, misappropriate or violate any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR THE SVA, EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SPONSORS’ liability for damages hereunder shall in no event exceed the amount of $100.
13. Cancellation: The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or amend the SVA and these Terms without notice to Participant.
14. Governing Law: The SVA and these Terms will be governed by California law.
Please email: Ethan (at) BombBomb (dot) com
Producers of the 2018 Sales Video Awards
Click to learn more about the teams producing this project: