Don’t overthink it. Don’t second guess yourself. Just get started.
Podcasting can seem daunting — it can be difficult to know where to begin. But like everything in life, practicing over time is the way to develop your skills and improve. That won’t happen if you never try. The reality? Your show probably won’t be purchased by Spotify or a huge SaaS company. And it likely won’t generate hundreds of leads for you in the first month, either.
But what it will do? Your podcast will help you build relationships and grow a community.
Today’s guest is Collin Mitchell. Collin is the CRO at Salescast and the host of The Sales Transformation Podcast. Collin wants CROs and sales leaders to understand the value podcasting represents. For him, and others like him, a podcast isn’t just a shiny new content object — it’s an opportunity to drive revenue and build community.
Collin began his career in sales at 22 years old. And he worked his way up to VP of Sales by the time he was just 24. Today, he shares how investing in himself over time has helped him show up as the best version of himself for his guests and to find professional success.
Collin also talks about how the podcast guest experience relates to the customer experience as he walks us through all things podcasting from getting started, using video, top hosting tips, to how a podcast contributes to revenue. He also discusses tactics for creating a great guest experience through active listening, deep questions, and similar mindful strategies.
Whether you’re guesting or hosting, you’ll get plenty of practical podcast tips here.
Collin and I also talk about:
• Why landing in the top 10% of podcasts is achievable
• How podcasts build relationships and create communities
• Why video is important in the podcasting process
• What CROs and sales leaders should think about podcasts
• How to start your first podcast and misconceptions to overcome
Tips to Become a Better Podcast Guest and Host
Hear Episode 175 and any/every other conversation of The Customer Experience Podcast in your favorite podcast player …
In your podcast player, please give an extra click to rate the show (or even take a minute to leave a review) – it’s very helpful!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Collin Mitchell is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Tips to Become a Better Podcast Guest and Host
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Collin Mitchell…
1. CX is a Good Experience — Regardless of the Outcome
2. Video Messages for Sales and for Podcasting
3. Tips to Start Guesting on Podcasts
4. A Great Podcast Host is a Great Listener
5. Professional Gains Through Personal Development
Links Related to This Conversation:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 61 with James Carbary, “Instantly Creating Connection with Anyone You Want to Know”
- Episode 127 with Darryl Praill, “3 CX Strategies for CROs”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: