It would be unusual to receive a marketing email asking you to respond with a “1” for more information on a topic. The campaign probably wouldn’t yield the insights a brand is looking for.
But for SMS marketing, that’s exactly what’s happening … and it’s working. Texting is a marketing channel that uniquely blends personalization and data gathering. Its capabilities in getting prospects and customers to interact is changing the game for brands and marketers.
Joining us on the podcast for this episode is Sara Varni, CMO at Attentive — a comprehensive text marketing solution that drives an average of 20 and a half percent of online revenue for modern ecommerce brands. Sara is here to walk us through SMS marketing. She also explains why this mobile channel has found such success and why it’s so important to integrate the campaign for your brand.
In this conversation she shares the importance of telling stories to create a more memorable marketing experience. She also talks about why knowing where each unique customer is in their journey is vital to conversion and why understanding intent through zero-party data capturing is critical to marketing success.
Sara and I also discussed:
• Why SMS texting is the personal and meaningful approach to marketing
• What the differences are in data capturing
• How marketing is a long game
• Why building a digital persona is so vital to marketing
• What roadblocks are in place for successful digital marketing
Making Marketing More Memorable
Hear Episode 209 and every other conversation on The Customer Experience Podcast in your preferred podcast app …
Once you’re in your podcast player, please make one extra click to rate the show (or even take a minute to leave a review). Thank you!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Sara Varni is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Making Marketing More Memorable
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Sara Varni …
1. Customer Experience is The Details
2. Making Marketing More Memorable
3. Increasing Personalization
4. Helping Not Selling
5. Working With Third, First, and Zero-Party Data
Links Related to This Conversation:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 142 with Kristina Jaramillo, “Don’t Just Personalize, Get Personal”
- Episode 111 with Greg Segall, “Building a Personal Experience Into Your Customer Experience”
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: