Today, though, marketers and technology have had to level up their online customer experience. An out-of-date online presence shows you aren’t paying attention, you’re struggling, and you aren’t putting customers first.
People are coming to your website because they actually want to evaluate you. Who you are online is something that absolutely impacts your business — whether positively or negatively, depending on how you’ve scaled.
The guest on today’s episode of The Customer Experience Podcast, Nicholas Holland, is an expert in keeping the customer top of mind in decision making about on-site experiences. To get a picture of how their site is running, he suggests that marketers do three things:
1. Secret shop yourself.
2. Use the site after hours.
3. Test the basic functionality of your site.
But it doesn’t end there…
Nicholas, General Manager and Vice President of Marketing Hub at HubSpot, has founded and led three companies. In his five years at HubSpot, he has served as Director of Labs and as VP of Product in Marketing, which has given him a direct line to marketing considerations for improving website experiences.
Nicholas talked with me about:
• How he defines customer experience
• How to improve websites
• What online marketing considerations to take with your customers
• Why freemium models work
• What freemium cautions to be aware of
The Inbound-Freemium Connection
Listen to the entire conversation with Nicholas Holland of HubSpot right here:
Hear this episode of The Customer Experience Podcast and others like in your favorite podcast app it by visiting:
While you’re there, please subscribe to the podcast! And give one extra click to leave a rating (not even a review – just a rating) – it’s an easy way to support the show.
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: The Inbound-Freemium Connection
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Nicholas Holland of HubSpot below…
1. Definition of Customer Experience
2. Three Tips to Improve Your Website
3. Three Marketing Considerations for the Year Ahead
4. Why Freemium?
5. Cautions on Moving to a Freemium Model
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “The Biggest Transformation in Prospecting in 30 Years” with Dan Tyre (Sales Executive, Hubspot)
- “The Modern Buying Process and Product Led Growth” with Wes Bush (Founder, Product-Led Institute)
- “The Magic of Creating Memories at Specific Moments” with Jeff Kaylor (Co-founder, The Magic Estate)
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and/or Review The Customer Experience Podcast: