The last cold email you received was probably disengaging at best and annoying at worst. This is likely the reason why the average cold email response rate is 1%.
If you aren’t creating a customer experience (CX) with empathy for your customer, your cold outreach is going to feel … cold. Instead, you can create specific feelings and responses by being a bit warmer, more intentional, and more thoughtful.
Today on “The Customer Experience Podcast,” we have a guest, Jason Bay, who’s constantly working to master cold outreach by underlying every interaction with empathetic listening. What is the other person thinking and feeling? This question should be paramount in every sales professional’s playbook.
Jason is Chief Prospecting Officer at Blissful Prospecting, a company that brings the focus back on confidence in the sales process. He talked with me about the feelings that a cold email should elicit — not necessarily happiness or contentment, but curiosity, intrigue, and appreciation for being seen, heard, and understood.
Throughout this episode, Jason and I discuss…
• Why customer experiences should be shaped by empathy
• How to coach empathy with sales reps
• How to support and enable more resourceful reps
• What the intro, hook, and close should make prospects feel in sales interactions
• How to approach the user experience (UX) of cold emails
Bringing Empathy Back to Cold Emails
Enjoy Episode 132 of “The Customer Experience Podcast” on the go with your favorite podcast player …
After you click through to your podcast player, please take a couple of seconds to rate the show. It takes just one extra click and it’s very helpful for the show for and our guests.
We also embed the full audio in every one of these episode-specific blog posts, so you can hear (and even search) the entire conversation with Jason Bay right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Bringing Empathy Back to Cold Emails
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Jason Bay of Blissful Prospecting…
1. CX and Empathy
2. Coaching Empathy
3. Supporting Resourceful Reps
4. Your Intro, Hook, and Close
5. The UX of Cold Email
Mentioned in This Episode:
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “The 3 Cs That Make or Break the SDR Experience” with Ernest Owusu (Senior Director of Sales Development, 6sense)
- “Differentiating Your Brand by Humanizing The Experience” with Ed Breault (CMO, Aprimo)
- “Training and Certifying Your Sales Team to Speak Your Customer’s Language” with Alex Rosemblat (VP of Marketing, Datadog)
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: