Two currencies drive the economy — our dollars and our emotions. At our core, what people feel always drives our behavior. Why? Because more than 95% of our mental activity is sensory and emotive — not rational.
So what does that mean for businesses? Well, it means investing in placing a renewed focus on emotional intelligence in framework development is not only crucial for organizational success but also important in establishing genuine consumer relationships.
Back on the podcast today is Dan Hill, President at Sensory Logic and emotional intelligence expert. He’s joining me again, this time to discuss the best ways to develop EQ and its impact on personal and professional development.
Dan is an emotional intelligence expert with 7 US patents in the analysis of facial coding data. He’s featured in Chapter 4 of our Wall Street Journal Best Seller Human-Centered Communication. He’s also the Founder and President of Sensory Logic and the podcast host of Dan Hill’s EQ Spotlight. And in addition to all of those accomplishments, he’s authored an impressive ten books, including Emotionomics and its new, updated version, Emotionomics 2.0: The Emotional Dynamics Underlying Key Business Goals.
Today Dan talks about why business leaders absolutely have to brush up on the basics and be willing to delve deeper into developing their EQ. He also shares his insights on leveraging emotion to improve CX, the idea that emotional intelligence is really about giving credence to the importance of emotions and how to draw attention to important messages.
Dan and I also discussed:
• How common depth of expertise in facial coding is
• What a functional definition of emotional intelligence (EQ) is
• Why emotional intelligence is so important
• What best practices for engaging people in digital experiences are
• How cultural contextual changes demanded an update to his book Emotionomics
Designing Digital Experiences to Engage Human Emotions
Hear Episode 228 and every other conversation on The Customer Experience Podcast in your preferred podcast app …
Quick favor: when you’re in your podcast app, please give an extra click to rate the show. It’s very helpful. Thanks!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with Dan Hill, Ph.D. is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Designing Digital Experiences to Engage Human Emotions
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Dan Hill, Ph.D.…
1. Emotions in Customer Experience
2. Basics of Emotional Intelligence
3. Basics of Behavioral Economics
4. Quick Tips for Voice of Customer and Voice of Company
5. The Importance of Faces in Digital Communication
Links Related to This Conversation:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- Episode 75 with Dan, “Emotional Intelligence and The Power of Faces“
- Episode 218 with Dan, “Emotional Intelligence and Human-Centered Communication“
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: