The key to building a great business and to getting a team focused and aligned is, first, having a set of consistent core values over time. Once you’ve established core principles around how and why you serve your customer, the next step is to continue to optimize and improve the customer experience over time. Both of these steps are founded in long-term relationships.
Today’s guest, John Belizaire, is a founder and entrepreneur who advises and serves on the boards of multiple organizations. He also fights the effects of climate change with his latest company.
Even though he’s already created an impactful legacy, he recently took the time to develop a personal mission statement: To influence 1,000 young entrepreneurs to follow their dreams. His objective to equip others to succeed should serve for all of us as a model of principled leadership.
John is CEO at Soluna and Founder and Managing Editor at CEOPLAYBOOK. One of his actions as a CEO has been to spend about 20% of his time talking to customers and asking them what was and wasn’t working. It is no surprise that among his core tenets is a focus on continuous improvement to customer experience through empathy.
Throughout our conversation, John and I also talked about…
• How and why to build a personal mission statement
• Why CEOs should be deeply involved in creating customer experience
• What Soluna’s commitment is to support green power
• What the relationship is between entrepreneurship and storytelling
• How to engage your team
Establishing Core Principles for Yourself and Your Team
Hear Episode 145 and any/every other conversation of The Customer Experience Podcast in your preferred podcast player …
To be extremely helpful without investing more than a couple of seconds of your time, please click and rate the show in your podcast player. Thanks!
We also embed the full conversation and make it searchable right here in these blog posts. The recording with John Belizaire is right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Establishing Core Principles for Yourself and Your Team
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with John Belizaire, CEO at Soluna and Founder and Managing Editor at CEOPLAYBOOK…
1. Feeling, Emotion, and Customer Experience
2. Talking to Customers and Improving CX
3. Three Ways to Engage Your Team
4. How Customers and Employees Value Green Energy
5. How to Decide When to Say Yes
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “The Role of Kindness in Your Company” with Cole Baker-Bagwell (Founder, Cool Audrey)
- “Why Customer Experience Is The Only Differentiator Left” with David Cancel (CEO and Founder, Drift)
- “Creating An Amazing Customer Experience By Being ‘Slightly Better Than Average’” with Shep Hyken (Chief Amazement Officer, Shepard Presentations)
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: