A great customer experience (CX) is one you tell others about, and your brand relies on this form of storytelling. So much so, that brand storytelling should be something your business prioritizes. That’s because it allows you to be so much more intentional about the stories you share, who you share those with, and how those stories are shared by employees, customers, and other stakeholders in your success.
1. They think something is a story that isn’t, like a slick corporate video.
2. They think only one story will suffice for brand storytelling.
Instead, brand storytelling is sharing personal stories about leadership, customer experience, culture, and jargon-free vision for excellence.
Gabrielle speaks, consults, and leads workshops with Gabrielle Dolan Consulting, is the founder of Jargon Free Friday, and is the author of several books, including Magnetic Stories, Real Communication, Bullet Points Kill, and Stories for Work.
She shares with us the trends driving brand storytelling, as well as the specific types of stories that brands need to share. She brings humanity back to business communications by furthering the jargon-free movement with a process for sharing authentic brand stories.
Gabrielle spoke with me about…
• How a recent customer experience really resonated with her
• What brand and brand storytelling are
• Why thinking of half of a customer’s spend with you as a CX spend will change how you deliver
• What a commitment to storytelling looks like for one of the best, Florida’s Columbia Restaurant
• How Jargon Free Fridays originated
Enhancing EX and CX Through Brand Storytelling
Enjoy Episode 137 of The Customer Experience Podcast on the go by listening with your favorite podcast player …
Want to be incredibly helpful without much effort? Once you’re there, please take a few seconds to click and rate the show!
We also embed full, searchable audio in each conversations’s blog post, so you can hear – and even search – the recording with Gabrielle Dolan right here …
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Enhancing EX and CX Through Brand Storytelling
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Gabrielle Dolan of Jargon Free Fridays…
1. Customer Experience Defined
2. Brand and Brand Storytelling
3. “Half For CX”
4. Characters of Columbia Restaurant
5. Jargon Free Fridays
Links Related to This Episode:
- Gabrielle on LinkedIn
- Gabrielle on Twitter
- Books by Gabrielle
- Elise Turner on LinkedIn
- Habbot Shoes (flats)
- Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses
- Mekong Capital
- Columbia Restaurant
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “Leading and Selling with Noble Purpose” with Lisa Earle McLeod (Founder and Keynote Speaker, McLeod and More)
- “4 Steps to Better Storytelling” with Michael Ashford (Director of Marketing, The Receptionist )
- “Connecting with Customers by Exploring a Shared Belief” with Steve Pacinelli (CMO, BombBomb)
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: