Just because someone fills out a form doesn’t mean they’re ready to talk to a salesperson. Two problems stem from this fact: the problem of discerning which leads are ready and the problem of how to nurture the ones that aren’t. This conundrum of managing leads was partly resolved through an explosion of marketing technology.
Marketing automation has driven the concept of the marketing qualified lead (MQL); it’s focused on the individual. Especially in B2B, we often need to widen the view to the account level. Hence the rise of account-based marketing (ABM) and the technology that supports it.
Similarly, we need to widen the view of the customer experience (CX) to include an account-based experience (ABX).
Today’s guest, Jon Miller, guides us through the evolution of marketing automation to ABM and of CX to ABX. And he’s had a front-row seat and hands-on experience with the changes in markets, marketing, and martech related to this shift.
Jon is Chief Marketing and Product Officer at Demandbase and previously Co-Founder at Marketo and Engagio. He shares his view of marketing automation at and after Marketo’s founding around 2004, as well as his view of account-based marketing at and after the Engagio’s founding around 2014 (and recent acquisition by Demandbase).
Jon shares insights into …
• How CX and ABX relate to one another
• What, why, and how of intent data
• How to evolve beyond marketing automation
• Why to create culture with intention
• How to set meetings during Shark Week
Shifting Your Focus to Account-Based Experience (ABX)
Enjoy Episode 128 of “The Customer Experience Podcast” anywhere you go with your favorite podcast app:
While you’re there, please take a couple of extra seconds and give one additional click to rate the show. We’d really appreciate it!
We also embed the full audio every episode in its companion blog post, so you can hear (and search) the entire conversation with Jon Miller of Demandbase right here:
Sign up for a monthly email with CX insights and highlights
Video Highlights: Shifting Your Focus to Account-Based Experience (ABX)
Check out the top five video highlights from the discussion with Jon Miller of Demandbase below…
1. Customer Experience and Account-Based Experience
2. What, Why, and How of Intent Data
3. Evolving Beyond Marketing Automation
4. Creating Culture With Intention
5. Setting Meetings During Shark Week
Mentioned In This Episode:
Similar Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- “Why Customer Experience Is The Only Differentiator Left” with David Cancel (CEO and Founder, Drift)
- “3 Ways CX Programs Go Wrong (and Right!)” with Ian Luck (VP of Global Marketing, CustomerGauge)
- “Creating An Amazing Customer Experience By Being ‘Slightly Better Than Average’” with Shep Hyken (Chief Amazement Officer, Shepard Presentations)
Subscribe, Listen, Rate, and Review The Customer Experience Podcast: