BombBomb makes it easy to use simple videos to build relationships through email, text and social media. We’re a fast-paced, growing technology company located in the heart of Colorado Springs.
We’re looking for a dynamic accountant who thrives on challenge and brings a “can-do” attitude to every task. Of course, you’ll need to be conscientious, detail-oriented, and trustworthy. You desire to collaborate interdepartmentally to create processes and forge frontiers that bring stability to our high-growth company. You enjoy providing quality service to our internal “customers,” our very own colleagues. Nothing brings you more satisfaction than making that excel spreadsheet sing and reconciling expenses to perfection.
Support the controller in building the people, processes, and systems around the accounting and finance functions as the company grows. Significant tasks for this role include the following: all transactional-level duties, day-to-day accounting functions, expense report management, monthly close activities, record compliance for employee on-boarding / off-boarding, and reporting. Additionally, this role will be responsible to complete various projects involving finance, accounting, and HR as assigned by the controller.
Assume full responsibility of the below tasks in Accounting and HR functions within 3 months of hire to include:
- Day-to-day accounting operations including customer & vendor management, A/R, A/P, liability adjustments, P/R and Commission Calculations.
- Budget data refreshes.
- Posting transactional data in accordance with GAAP daily.
- Document retention and meticulous filing.
- Monthly credit card, bank, and liability account reconciliations.
- Weekly account transaction refreshes and coding.
- Creation of journal entries for cost distribution and revenue recognition / deferral.
- Manage the expense report review, import, account configuration, and payout process.
- Onboarding and record creation for all new employees.
- Assist in benefits evaluation, implementation, maintenance, and reconciliation.
Help to build systems for efficiency, scalability, and accuracy within the first 6 months after hire.
- Assist in budget maintenance process improvement, reviewing results between actual, forecasted, and budgeted prior to department meetings.
- Assist with research, evaluation, and implementation of process improvement projects and technology integrations in an ongoing timeframe.
- Create, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures that assure proper internal controls and consistency with GAAP in an ongoing timeframe.
- Writing new and revising existing Policy & Standard Procedures for processes.
- Additional ad-hoc projects not listed.
Learn, innovate, and grow.
- Help build a team composed of A players as the company and departmental needs scale.
- Complete the “WHO” training prior to the next accounting department hire to ensure a consistent approach on candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring practices which are consistent with the company’s goals and culture.
- Set personal goals with your supervisor that surround your own professional growth and development. Demonstrate progress during 1x1 review meetings.
- Analytical. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw conclusions from it.
- Persistence. Tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers & supervisors to create a collaborative work environment.
- Self-Starter. Motivated to take initiative on projects or tasks, assembling the resources required to complete the objective.
- Fast Pace and Flexibility. Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced and constantly evolving role.
- 2-4 years of progressively responsible accounting roles
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced abilities in Excel (v lookups, pivot tables, match & index, nesting if, then statements)
- High degree of discretion, confidentiality, professionalism and passion for success
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Intacct & Adaptive Insight experience a plus!
If you think you’re the right fit for the role, let us know by doing the following:
- Sign up for a free trial account at www.bombbomb.com.
- Send a brief video email to email@example.com introducing yourself and including three reasons why you believe you should be considered for the role.
- Include your resume.
Peruse other open positions at BombBomb