This is another “you asked for it, so we built it” feature: in-app recording!
You might also call it in-application video recording or recording straight into BombBomb with a webcam.
It’s long been in the BombBomb iPhone app, but it’s new to the main web application.
To make use of it, you’ll need a webcam. This can be an external webcam (plugged in by USB or similar) or it can be an internal webcam (built into your laptop). See a few cameras we use here at the BombBomb office by clicking to this BombBomb video camera blog post.
WHERE TO FIND IN-APP VIDEO RECORDING IN BOMBBOMB
There are two places to find in-app recording:
1. Go to “Videos” tab, click “new video” button, choose “Record a Video”
2. Go to “Emails” tab,” click one of your emails to edit it, select the video box, click “Insert a Video” button, choose “Record a new video” link
HOW IN-APP VIDEO RECORDING WORKS IN BOMBBOMB
Once you’ve chosen to record a video straight into BombBomb, a few things will happen:
1. You must grant permission for BombBomb to take control of your webcam and microphone.
2. After clicking “Allow” in the permission dialogue box, you’ll pop up on the screen.
3. Hit the orange button in the lower left to start recording. It flashes while you’re recording.
4. Hit the orange button again to stop recording.
5. From here, you can play it back to make sure you like it. If not, just try again.
6. If you like it, you can either save it to your Videos list (if in Videos tab) or insert it into your email (if in Emails tab)
7. This screen functions just like your video upload screen, so you can move the play button, give it a Title (shown wherever video goes), adjust the Alt Tag (shown in browsers when images are turned off), give it a Description (for your private use inside the software only), pick a new thumbnail, and more.
HOW-TO VIDEO: RECORDING VIDEO STRAIGHT INTO BOMBBOMB
Want to try BombBomb and in-app recording free for two weeks? What a coincidence! We’d love for you to do that, too. Just click here to start your free trial with no credit card info required, no cost, and no risk!
Want to learn more about the BombBomb video player and how you can use it to share and embed videos all over the web? Just click here to read the How To video player blog post here at BombBomb.com.