Blogging, lead forms, lead magnets, and other inbound strategies have a ton of potential to help you build your email database, but most people struggle to create a plan or process to get started. If you can relate to these people, we have the perfect solution for you.
BombBomb CMO Steve Pacinelli spent a full hour with author, advisory firm founder, and Certified Financial Planner Jeff Rose, who successfully produced more than 1,650 leads in just 30 days.
But before he became so successful in online lead generation, Jeff struggled – just like you might be. After 8+ years of attempting to blog, Jeff now knows how to receive a never-ending supply of leads without having to cold call, do another seminar, or attend a civic organization luncheon!
This process isn’t just applicable to financial advisors – it can be used to help all kinds of professionals in all kinds of industries!
We’ve provided the entire webinar recording for you to watch at your convenience. And if you don’t have the time, we’ve also listed out the key takeaways to help you transform your business and create the abundant lead flow and email database your business deserves!
Want to learn more about any of the specific ways to build your database? We’ve provided in-times, so you can jump to that section in the webinar.
Webinar Recording: Proven Ways to Build Your Email Database
1 The Two Biggest Mistakes Jeff Made
(18 minutes in)
- Jeff didn’t initially understand the value of building an email list, but he now realizes that this is a “must-do.” To gather email addresses, use BombBomb lead capture forms!
- Jeff also mentions that most people have call-to-action buttons on their website that say things like “sign-up for our blog or newsletter to get free updates.” This type of CTA is overdone and not specific enough to be appealing. Instead, Jeff recommends creating a lead magnet that is enticing to encourage readers to actually sign up.
2 Repurpose PDFs to Create Lead Magnets
(24 minutes in)
- Take pre-existing content and convert it into a PDF.
- You can also utilize these and recreate them as part of your “new client welcome kit.”
- Steve also suggests to utilize old emails, or emails you’re constantly writing and turn them into a “Frequently Asked Questions” document.
- Utilize a graphic that showcases your content as a large book, to showcase the quality of your content.
3 What Makes a Good Lead Magnet?
(31 minutes in)
- Previously written blog posts, and news articles.
- Cheat sheets (tough questions to ask an advisor before your hire one.)
- How to identify hidden fees (in mutual funds, in ETFS, in management accounts.)
- Guides (Best sites for Baby Boomers approaching retirement, Roth IRA Conversions, Social Security, etc.)
- Email or Video Series (An example would be something like “ Seven Steps Before You Retire.” And you could then create a
- series of seven emails on each step. You can use video for this one!)
4 Keep Dripping (Keep the Emails Flowing)
(35 minutes in)
- Order or create custom newsletter templates: BombBomb offers these!
- Utilize canned responses
- Request a custom template template design. The design team at BombBomb can work on your branding to make sure it fits you personally, and they create designs that can fit to any size screen!”
- Create action-specific templates
- Reminder for appointments in video
5 The Value Driven Sales Funnel
(39 minutes in)
- An automated sequence of staying in touch with the leads and prospects who have already requested more information from you on your website.
- A drip campaign similar to Jeff’s which send around 29 emails for an entire year to new and old prospects.
- While that may seem like a lot of emails, you can utilize those old blog posts that you’ve turned into PDFs and turn them into some of those emails as well!
- Every email shouldn’t be forcing clients to try to work with you. Sometimes Jeff utilizes case studies to show his company’s expertise. Afterwards, he’ll add a CTA to click for a free chat to learn more. Otherwise, he suggests that the content you create should not be “in your face,” it’s intention should be to earn trust, deliver value, and instill confidence.
- Offer video content throughout the process to ensure this happens! BombBomb offers automations to help you do so.
- Record a short video with your automations to bring your emails to life!
- Steve reminds us when you utilize video it helps you to establish trust and rapport because people need to see & hear you before they can decide if they want to deem you as trustworthy.
- You don’t need a fancy video. When you deliver a message from the heart with your iPhone, or webcam, it humanizes you and makes you seem more genuine and relatable. People want to do business with people that they like!
6 No Pressure Contact
(48 minutes in)
- “Ask Jeff a Question.” CTA box on his blog that allows anyone to ask him for financial advice for free.
- Jeff did this and afterwards created a series on his blog called “Ask GFC.” He utilized real questions that readers asked and turned them each into an individual blog post. While the answers he posts on the blog are in text form, Jeff actually had his Director of Financial Planning send personalized videos to answer each of the questions that were asked through this specific form.
Steve mentions that you can even put a BombBomb recorder on your website that allows people to “ask a question via video.”
7 Easy Access
(53 minutes in)
- Jeff recommends that you create a “What it’s Like to Work with Me” page on your website that highlights the type of clients you’re working with, what your planning process looks like, ect.
- He also recommends utilizing an online scheduler to book appointments.
8 So Many Options When Using BombBomb
(57 minutes in)
- Respond to lead inquiries
- Seminar or webinar registrations, attendee follow-up, no shows. (Use videos to thank people for signup up, or check-in with people who didn’t show.)
- Special announcements (Birthday/anniversary)
- Embed videos or upload your own.
9 Track Your Results
(1 hour in)
- Jeff also recommends utilizing the BombBomb tracking!
- This tracking can show you, how many clients opened your last newsletter, how many watched your last video, and more!
- Which prospects opened your last email
- Which prospects watched your last video
Jeff uses it within his Gmail and highly recommends it.
- He mentions that if you have lower click-through rates, either have yourself, or someone on your team should call some of the people who did not click-on the email and talk to them. Steve recommends utilizing a similar process when someone clicks on your newsletter multiple times. BombBomb will let you know when this happens, and will allow you to send a quick video to remind you to follow-up with the interested lead!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this amazing content that Jeff provided us! Check out Jeff’s website to learn more about his business, and see some of his amazing content in action.
Say It Better with Content and Video … Free!
Signup below to start a 2 week free trial of BombBomb with no credit card info required and full access to all tools and features.
Try BombBomb Free for 2 Weeks
Build trust, convert leads, & generate referrals with simple videos.
Click the button below to start your free trial right now.
No obligation. No risk. No Credit Card Required.